Why We Started
Abraham, the founder of Modular Construction Systems (MCS), is an entrepreneurial General Contractor and is always looking for opportunities to improve the building process. When he was introduced to the Epitome Foundation System, the first certified composite foundation system, he saw the promise of an alternative building practice that brings a lot of efficiencies never before seen in the construction industry.
Why Composite Foundations?
For the first time ever, an alternative to concrete (besides wood foundations) has been approved and certified by the ICC. Composites serve an important role in construction, and now as an alternative option, it presents a lot of solutions for builders and homeowners alike, such as:
- A completely waterproof foundation.
- A stronger panel that has almost 3x the compressive strength as concrete.
- A foundation panel that is guaranteed not to crack.
- A completely concrete-free system with no rebar, forms, curing, casting, and is unaffected by the weather.
- A turnkey system where each panel contains R-16.5 insulation, integrated stud framing 16″ OC, and a double top plate.
- A much greener and more environmentally friendly system that has a smaller carbon footprint than the alternatives.
These advantages are what we saw when introduced to the foundation system. Concrete has its purpose and is going nowhere. But for those you that are like us and want to be on the cutting edge of innovation and construction, this foundation system presents that opportunity.